On Thursday, June 14, in San Francisco, Yahoo Finance will hold its second live All Markets Summit: Crypto.
You can watch the entire day for free on Yahoo Finance beginning at 9 a.m. PST / noon EST.
We’ve got a killer lineup of big names in the bitcoin and blockchain business, including Coinbase CTO Balaji Srinivasan; Coinbase head of M&A Emilie Choi; Microsoft Azure CTO Mark Russinovich; Ripple chief market strategist Cory Johnson; Robinhood co-CEO Baiju Bhatt; Ethereum cofounder and Consensys founder Joseph Lubin.
We’ll ask the experts about everything from coin prices to blockchain applications to the ICO boom to legal and regulatory risks ahead.
Our first crypto summit took place on Feb. 7 in New York and has been streamed by more than 13 million people. Here are just a few of the big moments that happened:
- Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse spoke candidly about the controversy and “FUD” around Ripple’s token XRP.
- Digital Currency Group CEO Barry Silbert announced Grayscale Investments’ new ‘Digital Large Cap’ fund live on stage.
- CFTC commissioner Brian Quintenz advised cryptocurrency companies to assemble a self-regulatory organization.
- Blockchain CEO Peter Smith suggested buying cryptocurrencies at regularly intervals, but also selling it. What happened to #JustHODL? “I don’t believe in that,” he said.
- Chain CEO Adam Ludwin predicted that private and public blockchains will soon converge
- CoinDesk research director Nolan Bauerle argued for why the Ethereum game CryptoKitties matters.
- Chamber of Digital Commerce president Perianne Boring got big applause from the crowd when she said, “I have more money in cryptocurrencies than in any formal retirement savings accounts out there. I’m all in.”
You’ll want to tune in live for the SF edition of All Markets Summit: Crypto.
Daniel Roberts covers bitcoin and blockchain at Yahoo Finance. Follow him on Twitter at @readDanwrite.
- Blockchain CEO on ‘Just Hodl’ bitcoin mantra: ‘I don’t believe in that’
- Chain CEO: Public and private blockchains will soon converge
- Warren Buffett on buying bitcoin: ‘That is not investing’
- Lightning Labs CEO: We are back to a ‘bitcoin, not blockchain’ world
- The 11 biggest names in crypto right now