New Zealand markets closed
  • NZX 50

    12,197.15
    +44.95 (+0.37%)
     
  • NZD/USD

    0.6324
    -0.0006 (-0.09%)
     
  • NZD/EUR

    0.5858
    +0.0002 (+0.04%)
     
  • ALL ORDS

    7,758.90
    -12.90 (-0.17%)
     
  • ASX 200

    7,549.80
    -8.30 (-0.11%)
     
  • OIL

    73.58
    +0.19 (+0.26%)
     
  • GOLD

    1,882.10
    +5.50 (+0.29%)
     
  • NASDAQ

    12,573.36
    -229.74 (-1.79%)
     
  • FTSE

    7,901.80
    +81.64 (+1.04%)
     
  • Dow Jones

    33,926.01
    -127.89 (-0.38%)
     
  • DAX

    15,476.43
    -32.77 (-0.21%)
     
  • Hang Seng

    21,660.47
    -297.93 (-1.36%)
     
  • NIKKEI 225

    27,740.84
    +231.38 (+0.84%)
     
  • NZD/JPY

    83.5880
    +0.5780 (+0.70%)
     

Global OEM Strategies for Electric Medium- and Heavy-Duty Truck Platforms

ReportLinker
ReportLinker

OEMs in the electric truck space are currently pursuing two types of platforms: one based on the internal combustion engine (ICE) platform and the other on a dedicated electric platform. Established OEMs are primarily pursuing the former, while most new-age pure-play EV start-ups prefer the latter; however, established OEMs are also simultaneously working on dedicated electric platforms which will be out on roads only after 2025.

New York, Dec. 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Global OEM Strategies for Electric Medium- and Heavy-Duty Truck Platforms" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06368636/?utm_source=GNW
Battery placement and electric motor architecture are the most important design elements in an electric truck platform.

Many models use the battery-on-the-side and the battery-in-the-middle designs in existing ICE platforms; however, the battery-on-the-bottom design—suitable for a skateboard platform—will come into use after 2025. As far as motor architecture is concerned, most of the models use central drive motors, while some use eAxles: eCarrier and eCrown.

The eAxle: Wheel Hub (two motors each at the rear wheels), an advanced architecture, will come into use in another 2 to 3 years. The penetration rate of electric trucks in both North America and Europe is expected to be 45.3% by 2030, with 70% of that volume set to use eAxles, while the remaining 30% use centrally driven motors.

All the leading OEM groups—Daimler, Volvo, Traton, and Paccar—are anticipating 25%–35% of their new truck sales to be electric by 2030.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06368636/?utm_source=GNW

About Reportlinker
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.

__________________________

CONTACT: Clare: clare@reportlinker.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001