- Monero’s XMR fell by 0.15% on Sunday, following Saturday’s 1.54% gain, to end the day at $92.91.
- A start of a day dip to an intraday low $91.41 saw Monero’s XMR steer well clear of the first major support level at $87.1, with Monero’s XMR managing to hold above $93 levels through most of the day.
- Late in the day, a reversal saw Monero’s XMR pullback to $92 levels, with the first major resistance level at $99.02 left untested on the day.
- For the week, Monero’s XMR was left with a 21.1% loss in spite of the weekend gain, the extended bearish trend firmly intact.
Monero’s XMR Price Support
Monero’s XMR fell by just 0.15% on Sunday, following Saturday’s 1.54% gain, to end the day at $92.91.
For the week, it was a heavy loss, with Monero’s XMR ending the week down 21.1%, the extended bearish trend formed at late April’s swing hi $298 reaffirmed by Saturday’s new swing lo $87.16.
Tracking the broader market, a late Saturday pullback continued into the early hours of Sunday, with Monero’s XMR falling to a start of a day intraday low $91.41 before recovering to a mid-morning intraday high $96.06, the moves through the morning leaving the day’s first major support level at $87.1 and first major resistance level at $99.02 untested.
A relatively range bound 2nd half of the day saw Monero’s XMR move within some particularly tight ranges before an end of day pullback to $92 levels, $94 levels seeming to be the key resistance level for Monero’s XMR on the day.
For the crypto bulls, avoiding another pullback to sub-$90 levels and Saturday’s swing lo $87.16 will have been the positive, the recent reversal having seen Monero’s XMR hit levels not seen since the late 2017 rally, the week’s sub-$90 lows the first since the first week of November of last year.
At the time of writing, Monero’s XMR was up 0.81% to a morning high $93.86, with a late pullback on Sunday continuing into the early hours of this morning, Monero’s XMR falling to a morning low $91.45 before recovering to $93 levels, the early morning low holding above the first major support level at $90.86.
For the day ahead, a hold above $93.46 would support a run at $94 levels to bring the first major resistance level at $95.51 into play, though sentiment across the broader market will need to improve for Monero’s XMR to break out from $94 levels and avoid a pullback later in the day, investors still quick to lock in profits.
Failure to hold above $93.46 and break back through to $94 levels could see Monero’s XMR pullback through the morning low $91.45 to bring the first major support level at $90.86 into play, though market sentiment would need to material deteriorate for Monero’s XMR to take a tumble later in the day, following last week’s more than 20% fall, to test major support levels on the day.
Looking at the Technical Indicators
Major Support Level: $90.86
Major Resistance Level: $95.51
Fib 23.6% Retracement Level: $137
Fib 38% Retracement Level: $168
Fib 62% Retracement Level: $218
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Market Turmoil and USD Dominance Continues Amidst a Geo-Political Storm
- Turkish Residents Turn To Cryptocurrency As U.S Triggers ‘Economic War’
- Bitcoin – Dominance Begins to Rise as Others Falter
- E-mini Dow Jones Industrial Average (YM) Futures Analysis – Trading Inside Major Retracement Zone at 25337 to 24925
- E-mini S&P 500 Index (ES) Futures Technical Analysis – Sustained Move Under 2827.25 Targets 2778.50
- E-mini NASDAQ-100 Index (NQ) Futures Technical Analysis – Pivot at 7348.25 Controlling Direction This Week