Yahoo Finance’s Allie Canal joins the Live show to break down new menu items from Dunkin’ Donuts.
- Companies are already preparing for the fall weather-- brands pushing out, yep, pumpkin products, with Dunkin' leading the charge. Here with more, Yahoo Finance's Allie Canal. I'm amped up. I'm amped up about this.
ALLIE CANAL: I know. Pumpkin is back at Dunkin', baby.
- When? When, exactly?
ALLIE CANAL: OK, August 17th. I understand that you went to Dunkin' Donuts and was pretty disappointed.
- They didn't have it today. That's for sure.
ALLIE CANAL: Yes. But the new lineup is pretty impressive. We have a couple new additions-- drink additions, I should say-- one being the Blood Orange Cooler Refresher. So this is an interesting one because it's a little more citrusy with some cranberry-blood orange flavors, but it does have those fall spices like ginger and cinnamon. And this one can be made with green tea or coconut milk.
And then another drink that's added is the Nutty Pumpkin Coffee Creation. Now, this combines Dunkin's Original Blend coffee with that pumpkin spice swirl, hazelnut flavor cream. That can be served hot or cold. And then of course, we have our favorites like the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew with that cold foam, the classic Pumpkin Spice Latte, and then all their baked goods. So a lot to look forward to here.
And I will say, last year when Dunkin' unveiled this lineup, it actually led to a boost of foot traffic. So there's some-- there's some method to the madness here.
- Is blood orange a fall thing, though?
ALLIE CANAL: I was pretty surprised by that.
- Is it because blood--
ALLIE CANAL: Maybe.
- You know, like October, right?
ALLIE CANAL: Oh, I like that.
- I don't know.
ALLIE CANAL: I'm hoping that.
- What other companies-- I mean, obviously, they're not the only ones in the pumpkin game, right? But are they one of the earlier ones? What are the other companies doing? Have they articulated their pumpkin spice strategy yet?
ALLIE CANAL: Yeah. Well, we have 7-Eleven. They already have a PSL out there.
- Oh, they're already out the gate.
ALLIE CANAL: Yeah, they're already out of the gate. And then of course, Starbucks. They haven't made an official announcement. That'll probably come around the end of August. But you can purchase some Starbucks fall coffees and creamers in grocery stores right now.
But you're looking at this list. All these other companies have leaned in to pumpkin. We have General Mills out with the Pumpkin Cheerio; Dairy Queen, the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard; Sam Adams, they have a whole Sweater Weather beer collection that you can get. There was also pumpkin Oreo cookies from Mondelez.
So honestly, this is just something that these brands are really leveraging for the fall season. Because I guess everyone gets excited for pumpkin, as you were saying. It's really hot right now. So I think people are looking forward to the fall, to cooler weather.
- I was going to say, it was 100 degrees in New York yesterday.
ALLIE CANAL: Crazy.
- Like, who wants a pumpkin spice-- but look, the flavor is the flavor. And I got to say I love it. I do love it.
ALLIE CANAL: I know. That's what we are as Americans. We're always looking for the next thing. Like, let's not enjoy the now. Let's not enjoy the summer. Let's look for the fall.
- That's what America's all about, babies.
ALLIE CANAL: Yeah, baby.
- Pumpkin spice latte. If you have already had one of these pumpkin spice latte drinks at 7-Eleven or have you, tweet at Allie and I. Let us know what you thought.
ALLIE CANAL: Yeah, let me know.
- All right. Yahoo Finance, Allie Canal, thanks so much.