|Bid||65.20 x 500|
|Ask||65.67 x 1000|
|Day's range||65.20 - 66.64|
|52-week range||47.37 - 68.98|
|Beta (3Y monthly)||0.25|
|PE ratio (TTM)||20.21|
|Earnings date||23 Jan 2019 - 28 Jan 2019|
|Forward dividend & yield||1.44 (2.11%)|
|1y target est||66.80|
Now, at 6.45am on a dark Monday morning, Kevin Johnson is standing beside his predecessor’s motivational graffiti, joking with the cup-tossing baristas as he instructs a visitor in how to make espresso.
The latest list of new buys by the best mutual funds shows a focus on large cap stocks like Berkshire, led by Warren Buffett, CVS, Starbucks and Adobe.
McDonald’s (MCD) posted adjusted EPS of $5.88 in the first three quarters of 2018, representing a rise of 18.5% from $4.96 in the first three quarters of 2017. This EPS growth was driven by the expansion of the company’s EBIT margin, its lower effective tax rate, and its share repurchases partially offset by a fall in its revenue.
While shoppers have largely shunned mobile payments offered by third-party providers like Apple Inc., retailers are trying to persuade customers to embrace the technology by dangling discounts and other perks. Several chains, including Walmart Inc., Starbucks Corp. and Kohl’s Corp., have had some success by baking the apps into their loyalty programs—and more than half of companies surveyed recently by the National Retail Federation said they’ve implemented “branded digital wallets” or are considering it. The core fee is set by Visa and Mastercard and ultimately divvied up between those networks, the merchant’s payment processor and the bank that issued the consumer’s card.
The fall in McDonald’s revenue was largely the result of its strategic refranchising initiative. To make itself more efficient and stable, McDonald’s adopted a refranchising strategy at the beginning of 2015. In the first nine months of 2018, McDonald’s same-store sales grew 4.5%.
Of the 32 analysts that follow McDonald’s (MCD), 78.1% have given it “buys” as of December 4, and the remaining 21.9% have given it “holds.” No analysts have given the stock “sell” ratings. On average, analysts have given McDonald’s a 12-month price target of $194.44, which represents a potential upside of 5.1% from its current price of $185.04. John Glass of Morgan Stanley, who is optimistic about McDonald’s modernization efforts, upgraded the stock from an “equal weight” to an “overweight” on November 27 and also raised its price target from $173 to $210.
McDonald’s (MCD) stock rose 6.6% in November on investor optimism surrounding the company’s initiative to modernize its restaurants, which included the implementation of self-order kiosks, the remodeling of its restaurants, and the expansion of its deployment of the Experience of the Future initiative. The company’s stock price was also positively affected by Morgan Stanley’s upgrade on November 29. The upgrade led MCD to hit a 52-week high of $190.88 on the day.
NEW YORK, Dec. 04, 2018 -- In new independent research reports released early this morning, Market Source Research released its latest key findings for all current investors,.
Luckin Coffee, which officially launched in January, already has more than 1,500 stores in 21 cities across China. At first glance, a billion-dollar-plus valuation for a coffee shop might seem mind-boggling.
Starbucks (SBUX) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Today, Morgan Stanley upgraded McDonald’s (MCD) from an “equal weight” to an “overweight” and raised its price target from $173 to $210. This new price target represents a potential upside of 11.8% from its November 28 closing price of $187.85. Morgan Stanley’s upgrade led the company’s stock price up 1.4% in today’s premarket trading hours.
Bitcoin has plunged in price in the past year, but Jeffrey Sprecher, CEO of InterContinental Exchange and the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange, isn’t deterred from entering the space.
Amid an industry increasingly reliant on digital and delivery services for incremental growth, four restaurant stocks are likely to be lucrative investment options.
Chipotle Mexican Grill is the IBD Stock Of The Day, as the fast casual restaurant's food safety turnaround continues. Chipotle stock is near a buy point.