Yahoo Finance Live kicks off the countdown to Christmas by taste-testing Pepsi's new "Pilk and Cookies" food challenge.
- When your job is delivering presents to children around the world, caffeine is required. Pepsi has an idea how to caffeinated Saint Nick and help him get the job done, hashtag pilk and cookies.
You see, Pepsi's chief marketing officer, Kevin Kaplan, says combining Pepsi and milk has long been a secret hack among Pepsi fans. Here's a look at their new campaign, featuring Lindsay Lohan, which launches today.
LINDSAY LOHAN: That is one dirty soda, Santa.
- If Lindsay likes it, who doesn't?
SEANA SMITH: We have a lot to live up to in our reaction.
- Follow Pepsi on Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok, share your creation, and you can actually win some cash. Seana and I are going to try this creation. We'll have to follow them and tag them as well, when we see--
Dirty soda has been a trend on TikTok for a couple of years.
SEANA SMITH: It has. Over a million mentions, I think, on TikTok, as well.
- But I don't think this is exactly what we see on TikTok.
SEANA SMITH: No. A lot of times they have syrup, I believe, and other things that are added in, heavy cream, I know was one. I don't know how to feel-- you're very excited for this. I'm a little skeptical. How much milk did you put in?
- That's a pretty solid splash. So we went 2% on the Pepsi. And here we go.
Hm. I don't see--
SEANA SMITH: It's actually not bad.
- I don't see anything wrong with the flavor. The only issue I have with it is I lose the carbonation of the Pepsi, which is really the reason I drink it. I like the bubbles.
SEANA SMITH: It's actually good.
- The flavor is excellent.
SEANA SMITH: You know what? And you made this comparison during the break, and I'm going to steal it from you, it does remind me of the taste of if you were to have a root beer float, or a soda with ice cream. It does have a very, very similar taste. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was going to be dis-- well, you're going all in.
- I'm going all in. This is an excellent combination. Our producers were a little skeptical, but they're going to have to come out here and try this.
SEANA SMITH: I actually like it.
- I don't know. So you dip the Oreo, is that what-- I guess Santa--
SEANA SMITH: [INAUDIBLE] as a chaser, in case we didn't like it. No? I don't know.
- If Santa comes by, he's going to dip the cookies in the pilk and--
SEANA SMITH: Yeah. And eat them all.
- Pilk and cookies is the hashtag, again, if you try to win some cash following Pepsi on Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok.
SEANA SMITH: It's decent. I don't think I would go home and make this by myself, but it was much better than I thought it would. I think everyone should try it.
- I'm going to finish it.
SEANA SMITH: All right. Well, you can do that.
All right. Well, while Dave finishes his drink, I'll think about it [INAUDIBLE]. That does it for us today.