The Dow (^DJI) heads for a new record close, surging past the 23,000 mark as IBM lifts the Blue Chips higher. Catch The Final Round at 3:55 p.m. with Jen Rogers and Yahoo Finance markets correspondent Jared Blikre.
Today we discuss:
- eBay and AmEx earnings
- What’s behind bitcoin’s biggest plunge in a month
- United Airlines’ unmarked, invitation-only eatery
- Why Microsoft wants to play nice with Apple and Google
Winners & Losers
Stocks in the red today include:
- Virtu Financial after JPMorgan resumed coverage of the high-speed trading firm at underweight.
- Electronic Arts following the closure of one of its gaming studios, which could delay the development of their new Star Wars action-adventure game.
- Rio Tinto after the mining company and two former executives were charged with fraud by the SEC for allegedly inflating the value of some coal assets.
Meanwhile, stocks in the green today include:
- Cree as earnings for the lighting products company were in line and LED revenues were up sequentially.
- Action-camera maker GoPro on an upgrade to buy at Longbow Research, citing earnings upside in 2018.
- Anthem on news the health insurer is planning to create its own pharmacy benefits unit and signed a five-year deal with CVS.